Re: Rack Bags...

--- Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
> when i flew out to cali in oct. for y2k3, they would not allow me to
>carry on
> my guitar.....this had changed from previous flights.....one good thing
>about
> this though was the fact that if you take your guitar onto the plane,
>they
> will hand carry it down a flight of stairs and hand deliver it to the
>baggage
> section of the plane thus bypassing the "goons" who throw stuff around
>in the
> terminal.....michael

This is pretty common, and it's called "gate checking". My friend travels
with
his guitar a lot and that's what he always does. He just tells them when he
checks his other baggage that he wants to "gate check" the guitar and
never gets
any flack. People do this a lot with things like baby strollers, things
that are
too large to take onboard, but will be needed when going through the
terminal.
They return the gate checked things to you when get off the plane (not at
the
baggage claim).

Greg