Re:latency info for computers producing audio

> Hasn't Windows XP significantly improved the operational latency over
>Win98,
>  Andy?

I'd hope so :-)
(but wouldn't bet on it)

I kind of thought that info was pointing towards
the cheap ("out of date") laptop pc running linux.

I new the info was out of date there, as proved by the win98
reference, but the point about the MIDI input having
to run through the operating system is one worth making.
Very relevant to the soft looper using MIDI control.

I also had a bit of a laugh that just about the slowest thing
mentioned was a piece of hardware by Yamaha.

andy butler