Re: Advice

Basically I want a unit that I can use in live situations (running in a
roland hand sonic as well as assorted hand percussion instruments)  where
can add to to pre-arranged loops (assorted samples and keyboard bits) as
well as something I can use at home with a Mac home studio setup. Does
this
even exist? Please excuse my lack of technical/looping knowledge. I've
been
watching Jamman and Electrix repeater auctions on ebay just to try and
gauge
what my venture will cost.

Thanks,
Justin

>From: John Mazzarella <jmazzarella@erols.com>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: Advice
>Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:20:53 -0500
>

>Justin Feinstein wrote:
>
> > I just discovered looper's delight--much to my own delight--and am new
> > this group. I'm getting ready to invest in some gear and need advice.
>I'm a
> > hand percussionist, interested in a live looping device (jamman,
>boomerang,
> > repeater), but also want something I can use to sample vinyl and CDs
>for
> > home recording (to be done on a Mac) and to loop to play with live.
>I've
> > seen Jamey Haddad (an incredible percussionist) work wonders with a
>jam
>man
> > live, but wonder if an electrix repeater would make more sense for
>what
>I'm
> > trying to do. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin

> > Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home.
> > http://special.msn.com/home/warmhome.armx
>
>Hi Justin,
>     Welcome aboard!  Why don't you list some of things that you'd like
>do
>with your looper, and maybe we can make some good suggestions.  First of
>all,
>The Electrix Repeater is discontinued.  You'd have to buy one used from
>E-bay.
>For a hand percussionist, I imagine that the Repeater would be a good
>looper,
>becuase it has seperate tracks that you can mix.  The EDP (Gibson Echoplex
>Digital Pro) is probably the most sophisticated looper, and has really
>tight
>rhythmic time.  It's probably the strongest rhythmic looper.  I would
>suggest
>checking out percussionist Jon Wagner's website www.jondrums.com.  I
>believe
>that he uses a repeater and an EDP.  Also, check out percussionist Rick
>Walker's site www.looppool.info for lots of cool percussive looping.
>
>Have fun,
>John
>www.johnmazzarella.com

Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup