Re: sudden Echoplex shutdown and restart, or who has a loop device in NYC to loan me?

If it's not the $400 Furman jobber (the 1215 is the model number for
the one I'm thinking of), then it's really of little use in situations
like this.  Those power distributor things (usually around $100) are
the equivalent of a power string with two slide-out lights and a
breaker switch.  I think the theory here is that your power is browning
and the EDP is resetting itself.  You can also try using a UPS, like
the ones for computers.  There was a theatre that I used to play in
that had dreadful wiring/power thanks to some "off-the-clock" rewiring.
  $250 of UPS cured my problem, as long as I remember not to touch any
of the metal support beams while I was touching my guitar...

TravisH

http://pages.ripco.net/~eleon/whatsnew.html Home page:
http://>pages.ripco.net/~eleon