Re: boring old qustion about foot controlling the echoplex

Mark,

Check out Per's post on some good ideas, once you get the basic interface working.

First, the bad news:  the FCB1010 can ony send it's Note On/Off messages on a single MIDI channel.  The MIDI channel for the Notes is global.

This is bad for you (and me, for different reasons: I have 2 EDPs) because:
- the FCB doesn't treat CC commands as "momentary" switches, like it does Notes.  I.E. it doesn't send "on" CC values when pressed and "off" CC values when released
- therefore, you have to use Notes to control the EDP, transmitted over one global MIDI channel
- therefore, you can't easily use Notes to control anything on any other devices

So, once you get this going, you're going to need to think about how to get Notes to your Repeater for pitch changes, while also using Notes on the EDP, and not having them interfere with each other.

But first, I suggest not trying to plan out banks and MIDI routing for now, turn off your Repeater, and just get the FCB talking to the EDP.  Then you can get a feel for what you like, and how to program the FCB.

To that end, if you leave Source # at 36, then Record starts at Note 38, and things go up from there.  The values are in you EDP manual. There are newer and more powerful capabilities in the Loop IV upgrade, if you have it.  The values for those are in the upgrade manual.  Sounds like you don't need any help programming the FCB for Notes.  Hell, that's the hard part!

Some things to consider:
- make sure your EDP is on the same channel that your FCB is using for Notes (sounds like channel 1 in your case)
- to get things started, I suggest going straight from your FCB MIDI Out into your EDP MIDI In. That will help eliminate MIDI routing/filtering problems that might be happening.  I have no idea how well behaved the Repeater is when passing MIDI data through to other devices.

Some things to consider when you get it going:
- check out the FCB1010 Yahoo group
- find out which EPROM version you have, and upgrade to the latest version if needed
- try out the FCB1010 patch editor available at the Yahoo group

I'm out of time.  Hope that's of some help.

Doug