RE: new to looping, have question about rc-20

Hi there Andy

This is Phill Wilson, Im from the UK,
  I can totally empathise with your situation , it wasnt much more then a
year ago that I first bought an RC20 as my beginnings of a loop rig.
  Isnt it just the way, that as soon as you get a new piece of kit, you
find
you want ot do something just a little bit more then what you can easily
do
with it, trust me , as a brand new EDP user I can say it never seems to
let
up.

I have however , thought up a pretty cost effective work around for you.
if you bought an A/B box and placed it before your RC-20 with the single
jack connected to your guitar. You could connect the A line to your RC-20
then into a (passive) volume pedal and then run line B past the RC20 to
connect up with line A either at the input of a stereo FX(If you got em!)
or
into the second line of your amp(if you got one of them) or failing that
into a splitter Y shaped cable (you get them from most music shops and I
imagine Radioshack type places).

  In practice you could then play and loop till your hearts content, then
switch from A to B and carry on playing whatever you dont need recorded,
then simply reduce the volume  of the RC-20 whilst you play
on..........Voila!!!

hope this is a help?

Keep up the good work

Phill