Re: Boss RC-20 Problem

> In a message dated 12/16/03 3:08:55 PM, gareth@olympia50.freeserve.co.uk
> writes:
>
> << an audible 'ticking' can be heard (more prominant when in
>
> Record and Overdub modes, though it can be faintly heard in Playback
>too),
>
> that is in time with the guide beat when i'm playing back loops. >>
>

> I checked mine and with the guide volume off I get no ticking even with
the
> pedal level up full.
> You only have a guide beat when the light flashes after Record, so there
> should be no ticking during Record.
> Could something else in your setup be causing this signal?

you're right, it doesnt happen during record, just Overdub and Playback
mode.

I've noticed that the 'ticking' starts to become more pronounced during
multiple overdubs (i.e. i switch out of Overdub to Play, then back into
Overdub again).

It is definately something to do with the Guide because i can change the
rate of the ticking by using the tap tempo button!  I've also tried the
RC-20 on it's own, in a chain of effects, with and without psu power and
the
noise is still there!

Very strange!

Gareth