New York Guitar Festival 2004

Hi all,

I was just checking out the official DT website at
http://www.splattercell.com/ and saw a new link
on there for the New York Guitar Festival (Jan. 14
through Feb. 03). Wow what a line up! Check it out
at: http://www.newyorkguitarfestival.org/nygf/

At the same time, take note of the schedule and
check out the item slated  for Jan. 14th & 15th:

    14 JAN 2004  Wed
    15 JAN 2004  Thu

    The Bill Frisell Trio

    Bill Frisell (guitar), Kenny Wollesen (drums)
    & Tony Scher (bass). The world premiere of new
    Bill Frisell film scores commissioned by the New
    York Guitar Festival®. The scores will accompany
    five early films by Georges Méliès, including
    “A Trip to the Moon” (1902) and “The Impossible
    Voyage” (1904). Plus, he New York premiere of
    a Frisell score to the 1935 Japanese film “Dkudan
    Hanayome” (“Bombshell Bride”), directed by Keisuke
    Sasaki. Bill Morrison’s “The Mesmerist” with live
    accompaniment by the Trio, will also be screened.
    Presented in association with WNYC/New Sounds®
    Live and broadcast on 93.9 FM.

    WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER WINTER GARDEN, 7 pm
    Battery Park City, bordered by West Street, the Hudson
    River, Vesey and Liberty Streets. FREE and open to the
    public, (212) 945-2600 www.worldfinancialcenter.com

And the item for January 25th which reads:

    25 JAN 2004  Sun

    The Guitar Marathon

    David Torn, Steve Kimock, Patty Larkin, Ed Gerhard,
    Bob Brozman, Russell Malone w/ Benny Green, Vinicius
    Cantuaria, Henry Kaiser, The Newman & Oltman Guitar
    Duo, Dominic Frasca, David Cullen, Abdoulaye Diabate
    w/ Banning Eyre, Dennis Koster, Michael Newman,
    David Starobin and Paul O'Dette.

    Our 2nd biannual Guitar Marathon at the 92nd Street
    Y’s Kaufman Auditorium will run from 2—10pm, with
    one break at 5pm. “An epic event” is how the The Wall
    Street Journal classified our last Marathon, and Jazz
    Times called it “a veritable guitar orgy.” Half—and
    full-day tickets are available now. Presented in
    association with WNYC/New Sounds® Live and
    broadcast on 93.9 FM.

And the item for January 28th which reads:

    28 JAN 2004  Wed

    David Torn & Andre La Fosse

    One of the most original and creative artists of today,
    David Torn is a texturalist/guitarist, composer,
    multi-instrumentalist, producer, writer and occasional
    singer. Torn has released many acclaimed records as
    a leader and has recently collaborated with a diverse
    array of artists, such as Annie Lennox, Jeff Beck,
    David Bowie and Tori Amos. Mojo magazine cited
    LaFosse as “an astonishing guitarist of a very
    different ilk... Fripp and Zappa, step aside” and
    20th Century Guitar magazine described his music
    as “A spectacular collision of manifold musical
    thoughts and patterns.”

    MAKOR, 35 West 67th Street. Tickets $20,
    (212) 601-1000 www.makor.org

    92ND STREET Y, Lexington Avenue @ 92nd Street
    Tickets $30-$50, (212) 415-5500

This is a terrific opportunity for East Coast loopsters
(and guitar nuts in general) to check out some great music!
It's also a wonderful development for Andre's career I think.
Way to go Dre!

I'm stuck here in the "Orygun" outback where nuthin' ever
happens. I wish I could be there. I haven't seen DT perform
live since I saw him at the club, Luna Park, in L.A. many
years back. All of you folks back there within a 500 mile
radius owe it to yourselves to check out at least some
of it.

Cheers!

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html