Re: Hardware hack - replacing a pot with a switch?

I had a similar notion with my Digitech RDS 7.6.
What I tried to do was scale the delay time of the
RDS to the pedals of a Roland PK-5 via a midi/cv
converter. Since the RDS has a CV input, I didn't
have to alter the circuit. I spent a day or two
messing around with this combination. It was fun to
play with but it never behaved in a predictable
manner. Pedal combinations that produced an octave
jump one time would fail at another. My assumption
was that the RDS simply behaved differently at
various operating temperatures.

John

--- Daryl <highhorse@mhorse.com> wrote:

> I've realized that the only way I use my Digitech
> PDS 2000 is to hold a
> phrase, then twist the delay time pot all the way up
> or down, giving me
> a two-octave pitch jump.  I sometimes do this with
> other pedals too,
> that is, I don't need fine-tuning, just the extreme
> settings for a pot.
> Generally, or specifically speaking with this pedal,
> is it possible to
> replace a pot with a switch?  If so, how would I
> figure out the value of
> the switch I'd need?   I'm handy with a solder gun,
> but awful with math...
>
> The coolest thing would be if I could add a switch
> in addition to the pot.
>
> thanx.
>
> Daryl Shawn
> highhorse@mhorse.com