Re: Repeater Power Supply

     Stephen,

     Okay, my first paragraph, though a little sardonic, has a smiley face
at the end which means
"don't get your panties in a twist, this is just a lame attempt at humor".

     The second paragraph was chock full of useful information.  If indeed
you are looking to find
a power supply for the Repeater, why not go straight to the main Electrix
Authorized Repair
Facility in the U.S. (Condor Electronics) and get one from them?  They are
doing exactly what you
suggest, find a power supply that matches the basic requirements, modify
it with a few extra parts
so that it does what it needs to do for the Repeater safely, and sell it
at cost as a service to
the looping community.  The owner of Condor Electronics is a Repeater user
himself (and a good
friend) and he really is selling these "at cost".  And do check out the
Repeater Users group on
Yahoo groups.  There is more good info there than you can shake a stick
at.  The guy from Condor
pokes his head in from time to time with some very astute observations
about the innards of the
Repeater.

     Be well,

         Stephen

     Stephen offered:
<<<  What I meant was: Isnīt that the same type technically, a basis to
work from
< in case the original power supply waves goodbye to you? I wasnīt going to
< plug them into my Repeater, nor was I recommending that to anyone else on
< this list... how foolish do you think am I?

< Stephen

>      Stephen,
>
>      How about if *you* plug *your* Repeater into one of those power
supplies and let us know
> whether it works, does nothing, or fries the bejeesus out of your unit.
>:)
>
>      Otherwise, the power supplies can be obtained from Condor
>Electronics
in Seattle.  206 633