EDP syncing LoopIII vs LoopIV

Hi all,

I just want to make sure I'm understanding something as a limitation in
LoopIII before I count on LoopIV to resolve my problem.

My EDP has LoopIII. I'm syncing to midi clock from my Emu PX-7. I'll be
playing a drum pattern for instance. I want to be able to hit record on the
EDP, have it start right away, and hit record (or alt ending) again and
have
it stop and loop from that point.

The behavior I'm getting as I understand it is quantize is working with
this
start of pattern pulse from the PX7, so if the pattern is 4 bars long and I
only want to loop 1 or 2 bars, my loop is padded with silence ot fill in
the
pattern cycle from the PX7.

I read the LoopIII based manual and tried to read between the lines ot
figure out things that aren't clearly stated there. I futzed with this for
quite some time last night. Is this in fact a limitation of LoopIII that is
resolved in LoopIV?

In reading through the LoopIV manual, "SyncRecord" appears to be what I'm
after, but it's not clear from what I've read what happens if I'm playing a
4 bar drum pattern and only record 2 bars in the loop. It talks about
keeping track of the loop cycle count, etc, but that to me implies I would
be recording more than 4 bars in this example. Do I have ot record to some
cycle boundry? What happens if I record 5 bars, which is 1 cycle + 1 bar of
the 2nd cycle.

Thanks in advance,

Paul