Artisan Lap Steel Review

Title: Artisan Lap Steel Review

Thought I would post this since there are a few on this list that loop lap steels.

Thanks in advance to John Mazzarella for some offlist beginner's tips.

I got this Artisan lap steel from Musician's Friend to see if I could do something with it. It is a 2003 Chinese-made lap steel guitar with one single-coil strat-style pickup, a volume control and a tone control.

It also comes with a GIG BAG that has multiple handles. You can even wear it like a backpack! There is a decent enough sized velcro front pocket to hold picks, slides, etc.

All that for 79.99!

It even gets decent reviews on the otherwise cynical HARMONY-CENTRAL Gear Reviews:

HARMONY-CENTRAL REVIEWS:
http://tinyurl.com/2gb4b

BUY AT MUSICIAN'S FRIEND:
$79.99 w/gigbackpack
http://tinyurl.com/37vzh

Apparently they are also marketed under different names, like "Sonica" and "Surf City", and often turn up on Ebay under that name.

Turns out it is a very inspirational little piece. I think it needs a little fatter strings, but it has a real good sound. No obvious buzzes or hums that I can tell so far.

The thing is 79.99 plus s&h. Comes in blue sparkle, red sparkle, or black sparkle. All with chrome pickguard. (I got black)

At the very least it would provide a decent backup for you lap steel loopers out there.

BUY AT MUSICIAN'S FRIEND:
$79.99 w/gigbackpack
http://tinyurl.com/37vzh

Thanks,