RE: Roland ready Tele

Enough people have responded directly to me on this guitar I'm going to go
ahead and post the parciculars to the list rather than repeat the process
each individual. Then, should anyone be interested in proceeding, please
contact me offlist.

Ok, here we go.

I bought this brand new 2 months ago for $669 + tax. Here's link to this
guitar at Fender's website. The black one is shown, and is the same as
mine.

http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0137502

Stock it's got a '72 Tele Custom Reissue. It's got the large "Fender Wide
Range" humbucker in the neck position and a standard Tele single coil in
the
bridge. The neck is a vintage style neck with Fender's "U" shape. Plenty of
girth, not too thin, which I personally prefer.

Now, from stock here's what I've done.

1. Installed a chrome plated brass "Fender patent pending" bridge plate
with
brass saddles'

2. Installed a brand new Roland GK-2A Synth pickup, control unit is
attached
with the felt lined plates which claps over the front and rear of the body
of the guitar. No permanent attachement. Note, the bridge plate was notched
and the very bottom tip of the pick guard had to be trimmed to accomodate
the pickup. It's all very clean though and the pickups sits across the Tele
ashtray bridge at just the right height. I get very strong signal response
into the GI20 with this setup. As good as I got with my Godin LGXT. The
original bridge plate and saddles are included, BTW.

3. Swapped the stock Tele brige pickup with a Rio Grande Muy Grand tele
bridge pickup. It's a lot beefier than a stock tele bridge pickup, and
balances well in volume with the neck pickup.

Other than that, she's stock.

I had figured on swapping the pickup back out and putting the stock one
back
in, but I'll price this both ways. The original brige and saddles will be
included should you want to just go straight Tele with no Synth pickup, and
of course the nice Fender gig bag:

By the way, I'm a guitar geek, and I always play all I can get my hands on
and find the one that feels the best put together, lightest, etc. This one
was the cream of the crop for the Metro Atlanta area.

Price I paid for the guitar new less than 2 months ago: $669 + tax

Price with stock pickups reinstalled: $599
Price with Rio Grande Muy Grand: $675  (the Rio Grande cost me $90 plus
shipping)
        With this price I'll also include the stock bridge pickup.

For saving me the hassle of going throught the tedius Ebay listing process,
I'll pay for shipping!

Those who wanted to see pictures, I'll take some shortly and email them to
you.

Thanks,

Paul