Re: AudioMulch LiveLooper & CannonLooper...

Jesse Ray Lucas wrote:

>Anyone have any luck getting these to work for music?
>
>I just downloaded.  I don't quite understand the interface, and there are
>no
>docs.  The website indicates they were "included by accident."
>
>Just got a laptop.  2.4gHz, P4, running a MOTU 828mkII.  Latency: 2.9ms @
>44.1kHz.  Pre-processing loops with a Yamaha A5000 sampler-as-effects-box,
>and trying to post-process with AudioMulch.
>
>It would be neat to be able to bounce loops to AudioMulch from the EDP...
>
>-J

Hi Jesse,

Your setup seems very similar to myself, except I'm not using a laptop.
Have been using AM to process the EDP's loops, as well as using the 4 x
40 second midi synced delays of my Korg Oasys.  You can get some real
mayhem going on, but some sweet things start happening when it gets
under control.

Are you on the AM mailing list.  Lots of excellent tips there, and some
info about the looping contraptions, but not much.  Basically these
contraptions are in an alpha state according to Ross, the one-man team
behind audiomulch.  In otherwords, they are very raw.  I recall from the
mailing list that they need 512mb of ram just for those contraptions.
As for how they function, your guess is as good as anyones until Ross
gets around to producing some docs.

Anyway, good luck with figuring those loopers out.

cheers

Michael