Looping show: Rick Walker & Matt Davignon in SF this thursday

Thought I'd mention this: I book unusual and experimental music the first
thursday of every month at the Luggage Store in San Francisco. (And other
organizers book the other thursdays, so there's something every week.

This week's show will feature Rick Walker's Looppool and a duo between
vocalist Dina Emerson and myself.

Thursday, Mar 4 2004    8:00 PM   $6-10 sliding scale
Luggage Store Gallery
1007 Market St. (at 6th Street)
San Francisco

8pm: Dina Emerson (voice) with Matt Davignon (processing/electronics)
9pm: Rick Walker's Loop-pooL

Rick Walker is a world-class percussionist with over 25 years of
experience
under his belt. Currently he's best known for the numerous "Looping
Festivals" he organizes around Santa Cruz. Using electronic real-time
sampling/looping devices, pitch changers and other electronics, he creates
strange yet accessible music from household objects and unusual
instruments.
www.looppool.info

Dina Emerson is a vocalist specializing in new music & new opera. Since
1990
she has been a member of the Meredith Monk Vocal Ensemble, recording &
touring the USA, Europe and Asia. Dina has also been a lead singer with
Cirque du Soleil, for the shows "O" and Mystere." Other artists with whom
she has worked include Tan Dun, David Soldier, John Kelly & Co., Nam Jun
Paik, Miya Masaoka, Ken Butler, Nick Brooke and the Bay Area noise band
The
Abstractions.
www.bayimproviser.com/dinaemerson

Matt Davignon of Oakland, California has been performing and recording
experimental music for the last 10 years. Primarily self-taught, he has
developed a unique form of intuitive improvisation focusing on textures,
arrhythmic patterns and musical imperfections.
www.soundclick.com/mattdavignon

Every Thursday, Outsound and Detritus.net present unusual, experimental
and
improvised music at the Luggage Store Gallery in San Francisco. Located
downtown, it's the longest running series of its kind in the Bay Area.
Indoor bicycle parking is available, and we don't mind if you bring in
outside food and non-alcoholic drink. (Taqueria Cancun is next door!)
Nobody
will be turned away for lack of funds.

Also, my newest cd, "Music at 1/2 Speed" is available at Amoeba
(Berkeley),
Aquarius Records (SF),  and: http://www.edgetonerecords.com/davignon.html

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar – includes FREE pop-up blocking!