RE: Recording on a Powerbook

If memory serves me correctly, Digidesign hardware locks
you into using Digidesign software. That's not necessarily
a bad thing but some of the other audio interfaces out there
leave you with a wide variety of choices as to which software
to use (including Pro Tools). The MOTU 828mkII is such a
device although, at $750, it's a bit higher than what you
are wanting to spend. Check around though.

Glenn

Mac; a
> 15" PowerBook.  One of my primary uses it to record digital audio. I'm
> looking for suggestions on how to connect a mic / guitar to the
laptop.

> While four inputs would be nice, I could get by with two. The most I'd
like
> to spend is around $500.  One store I stopped in really pushed
Digidesign's