Re: live looping amplification etc.

Will a tube guitar power amp make a difference? I would say yes. The
main thing I've noticed from using the Mesa 20/20 as a power amp is
that it does bring back the 'punch' and dynamics that you want from a
guitar amp. The looping stuff would probably sound more high fidelity
going through a PA, but you have to compromise somewhere, unless you
can afford to have separate rigs for your 'straight' guitar and guitar
synth/loopers.

Regarding mixers for live setups,  personally I'm trying to avoid using
a mixer outside of the studio, mainly because of the hassle of carrying
a desk around as well as everything else. I'd love to be able to use my
powerbook as well, run the guitar through Logic and use plug-ins, but I
don't want to spend hours setting up every time I want to play.

Paul