Back to the DL4 and singer/songwriters

This is regarding the "not a looper, using a looper" thread . . .

As fate would have it, I just acquired a DL4 and used it to practice during
a weekend in Las Vegas (had a gig, it rained pretty good out there!).

I found that the loop length is not long enough for many song structures
(28
seconds) for my purposes--I knew this from before, I had one when I got my
first Gibson EDP and took it back, but wanted to give it another try.
So I am assuming that Kenny Edwards was using the DL4 as a tap tempo delay
(maybe in loop mode, tho) to add content to his solos, rather than create
structure over which to solo--correct me if I'm wrong, Rick.

Longer loop times are rather convenient for us singer/songwriter types, so
that we can solo over structure which was initially sung over.

Ironically, some years back when Andre and I shared a conversation and a
warm beverage in Sherman Oaks, he opined that we were not so different, as
looping guitarists (this was before he heard me play 8^) and I observed,
"I'm a singer".

Andre kicks butt as a guitarist and so does Matthias--

Thanks to everybody here for moving this wonderful technology forward and
taking a chance with it--if it isn't all progressive, know that progress is
being made and you are a part of it.

Like to quote Ben Franklin now, at the signing of the Declaration of
Independence:
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

Peace,
Gary