Midi phantom power

Hello,

in the past I have run a Tech 21 midi mouse on phantom power from my EDP
successfully, one little victory in the ever raging battle against
wallwarts. It doesn't need much juice, and my amp tech could easily hook up
9 volt through one of the wires of the midi cable that is unused. My new
Midi control device, a Kenton Spin Doctor, sais it needs 9V d.c. @ 250 mA.
in the manual. Can the EDP supply this without getting into trouble? Can I
simply try this out without coursing breakdowns? Matthias? Kim?

Thanks, Andreas Willers