loopstock...

was really fun!  I personally had a blast playing and hanging out all day
and into the evening with several list members in attendance.  All of the
performers got a chance to do a short solo segment and participate in
several loosely organized impromptu improvisational "jams".   At one point
almost everyone was on stage playing together which certainly made for a
lot
of noise!

We also had fun convincing several bar regulars that playing the jukebox
during our shows wasn't very nice.  Although there were a few doubters
among
the crowd, there were a bunch of people there specifically to see the show,
and seemed to enjoy it too.

The performers came from all over California, as well as representation
from
Philadelphia and Zurich, Switzerland:

Rick Walker's Loop.pooL
Jon Wagner
David Giovachinni
Max Valentino
Stanitarium  (Stan-the-man)
Bernhard Wagner
Michael Klobuchar
Bill Walker
Hans Lindaur

My personal favorite?  Convincing a drunk patron that Rick's piece for toy
piano was actually a cover of Tom Sawyer by Rush.  He really got into the
rest of the show after that, since I guess he figured we could play "actual
music" after all, even if we didn't have a real band up there on stage.

If you didn't make it out to Los Osos this year, you missed out on a lot of
fun and some great musical moments.

Jon