RE: EchoplexPro Yahoo Group

Dave, I fully agree with you about some kind of bad feeling
that resulted from you offering a new possibility;
your idea was a good open-minded one and should have been
received as such instead of being flagged as an attempt to
break the "monopolistic" views of LD some people here seem to have.

LD has brought me LOTS of unvaluable information, specially
about using my EDP, as well as about other guys around the world
making the same type of music I love, and just for that, it should be
there.
This does not prevent me from wishing there were others sources;
I usually like to have more than only one view on things, and when it feels
like I am told "don't look around, this is good for you" ... that feels
... strange !

Only from the EDP AND other gear tech info point of view, and for the
other people
playing loops music, LD is an absolutely must, but I don't think it should
be the one and ONLY exclusive source for this type of info.

Is there something making some people feel so "protectivist" about "their"
LD and what ?
(and I do notice Kim has not shown any sign of being offended by Dave's
offer).

I agree with you Dave, this topic should end, specially because it feels
like
on this list some topics which should just be taken for what they are
bizarrely become endless sources of posts, in the long run polluting
the exchange space (remember that blackface thing ?? oooups ! sorry I said
it again !)

Also, you should not feel discouraged or rejected (ho ho ... another one
?? too bad isn't it ?
what is going wrong at LD that members are prevented from exchanging
positive ideas ?),
you were in the positive path and negative replies such as "don't do that"
should not
even have been posted by their author.

I think we should rather focus on building our community instead of making
our members feel rejected
because they are not part of what we think they should, or what we think
we own ?

Again, what about music lately ? (have not read yet any Loopstock feedback
post
but I got one this morning and will read it just after that).

Francois
    http://www.cdbaby.com/1000times