RE: [LOOP] cricket sounds?

Thank you burnett. this helps a lot.

damon

-----Original Message-----
From: burnett@pobox.com [mailto:burnett@pobox.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 9:51 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: [LOOP] cricket sounds?

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Damon Grossman wrote:

> where do you get cricket sounds?

In my situation as I wrote: from listening to the crickets in the tank in
the next room. In David's case, I would hazard a guess that he was either
speaking metaphorically, or simply had a window open nearby :).

There's more than one recording that uses insect sounds, including "Chaos
and the Emergent Mind of the Pond" on David Dunn's _Angels and Insects_
album (not to be confused with the film score by the Balanescu Quartet
for the unrelated film of the same name), Graeme Revell's album _Insect
Musicians_ (which I think I have as released under another name as well),
and I think there's one by Clan of Xymox I forget the name of right now
(sorry).

If you're asking for "where do I get sounds of crickets from the
Internet?", I can refer you to the "Reference Library of Digitized
Insect Sounds" on the web at

http://cmave.usda.ufl.edu/~rmankin/soundlibrary.html

which has cricket sound samples, along with dung beetles (for anyone
wanting to do Egyptian mythology-themed stuff [memo to self: save that
idea for later]), mosquitos, termites, and so on.

hope this helps,
Steve B
Subscape Annex   http://www.subscapeannex.com/
Phasmatodea      http://www.phasmatodea.net/