time twisting

Hey there -

I am a newbie to gear out there and unfortunately I sold a PDS 8000 last
year and am now thinking I really liked the fact I could send something
into
that machine, twist some knobs, and out came a higher or lower - twisted
sound - like a cartoon.  PDS 8000's are kinda hard to find.  Are there
other
pedals (etc) that can do this?  Most just take the same signal and
increase
the repeat time.  I'd rather it be warped sounding.  Thanks for any
suggestions.