Re: Boss DD-20/RC-20

Hi all,

I mentioned in a post sometime a few weeks ago the
fact that my Line 6 DL4 had died and I'd gone ahead
and gotten myself a Boss DD-20 to replace it. So far,
I've found the manual fairy cryptic. Maybe my copy is
a misprint or something, because after the initial first
few pages of disclaimers (and basic stuff about inserting
batteries and plugging things into it) it seems to jump
right to the middle of operating it and I get a bit lost.
So, the manual for me has not been all that helpful.

Oh well . . .

Yesterday I bought an RC-20. I haven't checked out
the manual on that yet but I'll be using the two pedals
this weekend on my first gig out in a while without
my usual half ton of gear. My setup will just be guitar,
amp and a few pedals for the first time in many, many
many years. It's like going out naked. No guitarsynth,
no MIDI, no EDPs, no Vortexes, no Moogerfooger, AirSynth,
SP-303 . . . no nutin' (comparatively speaking).

And, since it's just the one amp, I'll be performing in
mono for the first time in ages too. Stan Card would
be proud. However, since it's an art gallery gig I can't
be that loud (heheh). Sorry Stan!

Anywho . . .

I hope this thread continues 'cause I too have found
very little help on the web about the DD-20 -- especially
in regards to operating it in something other than the
basic "sound on sound" (SOS) mode. This thing about
multiple loops that Eric wrote about the other day
has me intrigued. I wanna delve deeper and make
the most of this little box in my new "HO-scale" setup.

The DL4 was a lot of fun . . . with some weird and wacky
capabilities . . . but it had reliability issues (for me) and
the sound quality was less than stellar (even in "bypass"
mode). One really great thing about these Boss pedals
is the squeaky-clean audio. What goes in seems to come
out exactly the same -- and there seems to be a lot of
"headroom" too. It doesn't clip or crap-out on a strong
pre-amped signal. I like 'em a lot . . . so far. But, I need
to learn more. More info would be very helpful.

Anybody who wants to pipe in with some "tips 'n' tricks
for the DD-20 (or the RC-20, for that matter) will definitely
have MY gratitude.

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html