RE: midi foot controller for loop triggers manipulation et al

>> number of slots to record audio clips. So without any pause you can
>> play instruments and record either a row of clips coming after each
>> other or a bunch of parallel loops, playing together on the same scene
>> (but on different tracks).
>
>Indeed, the only "solution" i can think of is to always have
>the tracks in
>record-mode because when a slot is occupied it will play the
>sample and not
>record over it. And then for mute and play i guess you could
>have the same
>pedal assigned to mute, play etc but with different midi-channels. But
>indeed there's some things missing. A scripting-tool /
>command-sequence tool
>in Ableton would be a very welcome attribute for the next version. ;)

Control Aid somehow can delete the current slot, even though there's no
midi mapping for that funciton in Live - maybe it uses Apple-scripting
for keyboard behavior as suggested earlier? I haven't looked at it
closely enough. Anyone know?

I like the ControlAid approach, not just for use with footpedals but for
other controllers as well. When I live sample and loop with a band, I use
a keyboard with controllers for manipulating Ableton, but quickly get
limited because of the inability for Live to map a function to the
*current* track, so I'd like to use ControlAid for this.

Does anyone know of something like ControlAid for Windows? I've had it on
my list for something to hack up. If there's nothing like it out there
for Windows yet, I hope to get the time to make something in the next few
weeks.

>Btw, note to everyone else reading this. I'm not 100% done for a first
>public Beta, there's still some issues about loop-multiply and
>midi-control
>in other hosts than Ableton Live that has to be solved, but
>will have the
>beta for both PC and MAC so noone will be left out. =)

Tias, I'm looking fwd to your beta too - best of luck!

Cheers,
Michael Stauffer
michael@circular-logic.com
www.circular-logic.com