In Praise of the DL4

I have to concur with Bill's ringing endorsement of the DL-4.

How much I have relied on it came very clear to me during my loop show in
San Diego a
couple of months ago.

I have had my Repeater and my EDP go down on me several times during
concerts but I've never had
the DL4 not work.

On this particular show I turned the unit on and it would not light up.   I
went out and bought batteries thinking the
powersupply was dumped................nada............................long
story short I did the show without it.

I was paralyzed!!!!  I've so taken for granted all the wonderful rhythmic
things I can do with half speed/double speed/
timed echoes and retriggering..............I just do them in my sleep now.

I too, inpsired by Bill's set at Loopstock, have started hooking up both my
DL4s in series................it makes for some wicked beat box/faux jungle
effects.

I also have to mention the fidelity of the DL 4 which I believe is as good
as any unit on the market, past or present.

So, in conclusion,  it is the first looper I recommend to beginning
beginner
loopers.

Now, damn you Bill for tempting me to buy a third or fourth DL-4!!!!!  LOL

rick

ps   I can also tell everyone that they have to go out and see John Whooley
perform if they get the chance.  I'm going to attempt to lure him back to
the Y2k4 Live Looping Festival in October...............he, unfortunately ,
doesn't live in Santa Cruz anymore.................damn!!!!