Re: Lexicon PCM42

lucky you! the 42 is an awesome looping tool - just
ask david torn. while low on flexiblity - no crazy stuff
like multiple tracks, midi or storing loops here - it more
than makes up for it with great sound. i love grabbing a
sound and then cranking the speed way down for
that basement rumble - try that with a dl-4. just the
ability to do speed ups or slow downs - is there a
modeler that can do that?
about all you really need is a footswitch to turn the
infinite repeat on/offand one for bypass. i don't believe
it even has a continuous pedal in (no midi of course) to
control speed, but i could be wrong, as it's been over 15
years since i used one. the one i had to play with belonged
to gary hall, who played a big part in developing the 42.
gary had a mind-blowing dual 42 rig with sync'd clocks
and maxed memory. just play a couple notes and let it
go...
cheers
bruce

On Friday, May 28, 2004, at 02:46  PM, D Morley wrote:

> Hi all
> Does anyone use one of these for looping?
> I have one with double memory and wondered if anyone has any tricks on
> how to set it up?
> Also, does anyone know if the Clavia G2 modular would be good for
> effecting guitars in this way?
> Cheers
> David

bruce tovsky