Computer Recording Interfaces

Hey:

I was wondering how some of the newer recording interfaces performed as I was pondering acquiring a new one. I currently am using a Tascam 428-USB. It's got pretty good functionality and input capability (for my needs anyway) but I always thought the sound quality was a little off. I've used other devices in the past and thought most of them sounded better than the Tascam. For example, the Aardvark Direct Pro, Event Gina, Digi001. I think these all had better recording sound quality then the Tascam. Maybe I'm mistaken because it's a subjective thing.

Anyhoo, I was wondering about the Mbox and the Lexicon Omega. They both look pretty interesting. Comment,s anyone?

Regards, Butch