Alesis DEQ-224 Equalizer/EQ in general.

I'm using a cheap DOD 430qx EQ, and it seems mostly fine for my
needs... but it takes a rackspace.  Fine for studio, but I'm thinking
that with some velcro and luck, I can put something small on the back
of the Vox Tonelab SE that will get me decent quality stereo EQ for
times when I'm sans rack.  The DOD's quality is fine for my beaten up
ears.

A few people recommended the small Alesis DEQ-224.  Anyone try this
baby?  I can't seem to find a single review of it on line.

Another person suggested getting two MXR 10 band EQ stomp boxes.  I
imagine their quality is lower than the Alesis, but probably still OK
for my need.  Not much different in price, but perfect for the space I
have.

Ideas?  Thanks,

Mark