EDP Footswitch acting up...or is it just me?

Howdy
I'm setting up my EDP again after a move and the footpedal record
switch seems to be acting strange: it's become very difficult to simply
trigger record or even clear the loop buffer. A single, short press
will often just create a tiny loop instead of setting the
recorder/timer rolling, and when I do manage to record a loop, holding
the button to clear it often puts the EDP directly into record mode
when I let go....it's like it's become ultra-sensitive and is on a hair
trigger. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Or do I simply need to
refine my foot technique?
Appreciate any comments...
dc