Re: EH 16 second manual online...

...it was 12 bits,and the lowest rate,to achieve 16 seconds,was 4khz,it
had 64k of dynamic rams...the lo-fi sound was also due to the adaptive low
pass filters,in the 16 seconds range were tuned at 2khz

my creations...
http://manecolooper.tripod.com

my music...
http://rendher.tripod.com

--- Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:
At 11:24 PM 6/29/2004, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>I thought the original was digital.  Am I wrong?

FWIW, the original is called the "16 Second Digital Delay".

Given the time it came out, it would have had something less then 16 bit
convertors. I have no idea what. 12 bit? 10? 8?. The sample rate would
have
been relatively low also, somewhere between 24KHz and 32KHz, I imagine.
This would have contributed to the "lo-fi" character, in addition to the
funky anti-alias filters.

kim

Free email service provided by http://www.darksites.com