Re: multiple instrument looping

Hi Dave,

I use a Roland Handsonic in combination with a Minimoog Voyager on stage to create loops on stage. I've found the Handonic's internal sequencer to be a bit limiting but usable nonetheless until I can acquire an Echoplex, or Repeater. With the Handsonic, you have an option of creating a 2, 4, or 8 bar loop or just a long-one shot -- I think up to 8 min. or longer. The only problem is that there's really no seamless way of stopping recording, playing the loop, and beginning another loop. Its sequencer's really not geared for live performance, although beforehand, it is quite handy to set-up homemade drum loops b/c it allows you to trim the in/out points.

I think using an external looper like the echoplex would be great in combination with a handsonic. In regards to your question about multiple instruments, that one's easy. Just run them all into a mixer and patch in the echoplex as a send/return effect on the instrument channels you want to loop. At least that would be my suggestion, though I anticipate there will be others that are more advanced.

How do you like your Handsonic?

Get Optimized,
Rob

Warm blends of downtempo beats that will soothe your your mind...
"an original score to the tragedy of American idealism"
http://www.optimusrob.com