Re: A/B Loop Capability of EDP

At 12:02 PM 7/10/2004, David J. Grossman wrote:
> > So you can switch between any number of loops, up to 16 . . .
> > Using MIDI, you can go between any two--but using NextLoop on the face
>(and
> > pedal) you have to scroll thru them.
>
>You can have random access to any loop (effectively) by hitting NextLoop
>multiple times before the end of the cycle (if you're quantized, I think).
>It will tell you what loop number you're on and whatever one it's on when
>the cycle ends will be the loop that is played next.

that's right. You just need one of the various types of SwitchQuantize on.

>I'm not sure if there
>is a MIDI control to go directly to a specific loop. Seems like there
>should
>be considering how many other powerful MIDI functions there are.

yes, you can switch to any loop using MIDI. That is the LoopTriggering
function. The loops play in various ways depending on the SamplerStyle
setting - play from the start and keep going, play from the start once,
play from wherever the loop was left, or play for as long as the Note is
held down. You can also turn on Velocity sensitivity so the volume of the
loop is controlled by how hard you hit the MIDI note.

kim