re: Nels Cline

>Nope. Several ... ahem ... years back ... ahem ...
>Nels used to "run"
>the "New Music Night" program at the Alligator Lounge
>in Santa
>Monica, California. I frequented the place as an
>audient and as
>a performer on several occasions. Nels is a swell
guy. >He was
>always very encouraging -- even to musical wannabe
>punters such
>as meself.

Yeup - Nels is definitely a wonderful soul. I have a
postcard up on the bulletin board in my kitchen that
he sent me with some kind words regarding music that
sort of starts my day every morning -

I have a few Wilco bootlegs of the recent tour and I
am a bit disappointed in Nels participation. I was
probably expecting too much from it though. I guess a
guy  like him can't really stretch out all that much
in the context of Wilco but I seem to prefer Bennets
contributions to the live sound more so than Nels. And
how about that Letterman performance - Nels in front
of a Marshal Halfstack :)

But it's nice to see him get a nice paycheck and
exposure from a situation like this. I can't wait
until he comes back home for some more local shows and
maybe some more Carla gigs.