RE: Echoplex questions for beginners

Thanks to both of you.  At least now I've got something to start playing
around with.

Tom

*************************

I know about Tempo Select for setting the loop length/time but about the
auto record triggered by a note I am not sure perhaps in MIDI. The only
autorecord function I ever used is when you have multiple loops and press
the next loop button. You can set your machine to say loop 2 reset that
loop
and then do a next loop and if that loop were empty it would start
recording
but, I don't think that is what you want. I usually set recordmode and
overdub to SUS as opposed to TOG and count out my loop length to get what I
want with TOG I can get Glitchy short overdubs mostly cause I screw up with
TOG and don't get the results I want (but that is just me)

Alan

This is possible by setting the tempo with TempoSelect--press Undo with
Sync=Out.  Tempo LEDs will flash, you can then change the tempo with the
feedback knob, and fine tune it with Insert and Mute.  A short press on
Undo
then locks the tempo; a long press exits this state.
Dunno if the loop will then exit recording at the end, but it definitely
sets the length-- And of course the trigger function is available to begin
recording when audio is introduced to the EDP.

Gary