Re: Lesson Learned: Ordering Anything involving UPS

>This may be old-hat to you Internet-shopping savvy
>loopers, but I just found out that the UPS driver can
>decide to simply leave your package outside your door
>if you're not home.

It's up to the driver's discretion. If the driver thinks the
neighborhood is "safe" (whatever that means these days), or if there
is a place (such as a porch, screen door, side door, etc.) to leave
it, they will.

>Lesson learned:  ALWAYS specify "signature required"
>on your order.

Right. Unlike Fed Ex, UPS's default is that you *don't* have to sign
for it. Fed Ex's default is sig. required.

The good news, I hope, is that your package (which I presume has been
stolen) is probably insured for its full value. I certainly hope so.
The first $100 of coverage is free, but you have to pay for
additional coverage.

Jeff