Re: the good old Mac/PC question (was: looping observation)

There's your ad for Macintosh.  I've had a G4 running since I got it
using Explorer, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Mail, Safari,
iPhoto as well as my music apps Digital Performer 4 and Peak.  They all
seem to run perfectly (Illustrator sometimes quits, but I'm sure that's
it's own fault)

Inversely, my IS dept. at work confirms that the Dell boxes running XP
usually get slicked at least every 6 months when they start running
wonky.  Most people I work with run Explorer, Outlook and MS office and
not much else.  Friend's complaints seem to confirm this.  What's up
with Windows and the need for reinstalling all the time?  Now that
OS10.3 auto defrags in the background I don't even run a defrag
utility.

Mark