kim's post, yadda yadda yadda

Fry's had a deal last week on a
P4 1.8 mghz PC with 512 megs of RAM, a 40 gig harddrive and a CD/RW
burner/DVD player
for $399.

Tell me that Macs are cheaper than PCs.

Now, Mark.........................let's be honest:

what do extra hardrives and CD burners and printers and scanners cost for
Macs?
what do they cost for PCs?   There is no denying that PCs are cheaper so
let's call a spade a spade.

I totally get that Macs are easier to run out of the box, but if you are
comparing buying
used Macs and used 828s then you have to apply the same standards to used
PCs where the prices are even cheaper (except for the break out boxes).

All that being said and done,  I apologize for not doing my research on the
current costs of the G5 systems.

I really don't want to be coming off as being down on the
Macs.................I just get a little sick and tired of the superiority
that a lot of Mac users exhibit towards Windows users.

Frequently in politics,  people will come down on people who do not have
disposable income and are forced to
support the exploiters of the world.     How do I like supporting Bill
Gates
and his support of the Bush administration?
I fucking hate it.   If there were an ACID , FLSTUDIO and SOUND FORGE on
linux, I'd be sooooooo there.
If Mac's were within my budget to do what I'm doing
artistically............I'd be so there.  Unfortunately ,  I"m just not.

I just don't see why there has to be so much judgement, frankly.

We all do the best we can with the tools that we have and afford.   It's
easy to sit high and mighty; judging other's below your economic status for
their compromises when you have a really nice salary, but not everyone is
where you are at financially, Mark (and I know that you aren't even in the
upper middle class in your economic bracket)

***********

I have tried, over and over, in this discussion to give respect and to
praise the benefits of the wonderful Mac OS X.
It would be nice for someone from that camp (and I NEVER hear it from them)
that there might be some reasons why people chose the PC.

Stratocasters versus Les Pauls.    They can both be great and we use what
tools we have to be creative.
Les Pauls are horribly overpriced but they do incredible things (things
Stratocasters can't do).  Should I put someone down for using one if they
can afford it?   Was Hendrix fucked for using one (and supporting the
economic status quo for doing it?).

It should really be about what we create, I think.