RE: yadda, yadda, yadda

Title: Re: yadda, yadda, yadda

Zvonar wrote:

>Therefore I've never spent enough time in any version Windows to get fast. One thing I did find is that there were many instances of the OS interposing many "are you sure?" dialog boxes whenever I wanted to do something.

Bwahahahahaha….

            Oh…would that be like the incessant “are you sure you want to SHUT DOWN your computer?” that is part of the Macintosh’s OSX?

            My god, I’m tired of that stupid window.

            I use Mac’s for design/graphics/photo correction and manipulation 5 days a week

            And I play/record music on a Carillon P4  1.7gh, 512ram, 2 x 40gig 7200 drives, and a M-Audio Omni I/O, running Win2K.

            Problems on both that were surmountable by knowledge, patience, action, and throwing money at stuff.  But they have both been fantastically creative tools that were unimaginable 50 years ago.

            I agree, the OS argument has become a religious argument, and somewhat not-so-wonderfully American “let’s create a social situation that pivots Man against Man, party against party, team against team….(fill in your favorite action movie pic, sports championship competition, or political engagement here…)

Let’s get old school on ourselves and have Steve Jobs and Bill Gates compete for their lives, and our eventual monolithic OS choice, in a gladiatorial battle!

Or maybe George W. vs. Kerry?….check  out the great film of those two at  www.atomfilms.com

I digress…

My fingers make mistakes when learning and playing music.  I have to expect the silicon beast to fuck up every once in a while, too, right?

Save often, backup your drives, keep it simple, organized and defragged/unbugged.  Fix what doesn’t work and move on… We’re creating a lot of digital garbage here people… make it work for you and others.  Who cares what fucking OS you use.  Get over it.

Now I have to get off this silly computer and return to color correcting some fancy duds on another computer 3 miles away…..away…..away….. away…..away…..away   loopon/.

Best,

Rich