Re: real time audio to midi sync analysis

Hello,

I'm new to the list too and new to looping too. May I introduce myself in a
few words?
I'm currently playing bass guitar in a pop/rock band but this will change.
Still 2 gigs to do and then I will start a new project involving live
looping.
Regarding looping tools, I just own currently a DD-6 (5sec), a boss phrase
sampler sp303 and a pc running ambiloop (controlled by a midi FCB
footpedalboard).
I intend to do post-rock/shoegazing stuff by playing myself hypnotic
bass/guitar/voice/synth loops.
I don't know where to start yet, that's why I'm on this list ;-)
I will surely start to buy a drum machine (programmed on the fly) and then
... a looping tool.
The echoplex seems great but pricey, the new RC-20XL seems to adress a lot
of complaints from the previous model (undo) but still no midi.
I don't trust the "PC on stage solution", even if for the home use,
ambiloop
or live seems powerful.
I'm interested by all advices. Is there FAQs somewhere? The ones on the
site
seems pretty outdated.

Peter, regarding the question below, there exist some "beat extractor" like
http://www.redsound.com/products/msync/index.htm which issue midi OUT and
have a tap tempo (not a footswith).
The problem that may arise is that even if the loop start in sync, you will
need to adapt also the length of the loop to the new tempo. I think
timestretching can be done quite OK by ABlive, so it might be a solution
for
you.

Hope this helps,

Ben