Loop tracker and the Strip looper...

Hello again,
I thought I'd mention my progress on the 8-track looping device, which I have now aptly named LOOP TRACKER. This was beginning to look hopeless as I have been ripping apart the victim 8-track recorder/player. In my haste I managed to pull a wire off its solder point (this was fore seen as it never fails). I traced the wire to the record switch which means I may not be able to record. However, I do have another recording 8-track recorder on the way. The original I idea has now evolved into a more elaborate device that will take on a life of it's own. If all goes well, then I will have created a random tone generator via modern electronics and electromachanical means. I theory the device will create a random noise and record this to the first track. The tape will loop triggering the record play head to change tracks (program in 1970's terms) and record to track 2 (3 if referring to stereo). As the tape triggers the mechanism to change tracks this will also act as a switch for the corrosive modulator circuit which will cause the circuit to randomize the circuit creating another looping pattern which is being recorded to track 3. This process will continue until track 4 is reached. There will now be 4 tracks of random looping happening. Now the loop tracker switches to program one (track one) and track one gets recorded over with a new pattern created by the corrosive modulator circuit while tracks 2 - 4 continue looping. The process is always evolving as each track records a new random tone.

However there are variations to the above such as a switch that allows me to turn off the record head at any point or track. A switch that allows me to turn on and off either the left or right channel or both so that I can choose to have either channel on or off and either left or right. This also allows me to have 8 mono tracks to loop. By turning off the left channel only the right on will record so I could have 2 different sounds on Program one. So now with these additions I can now use the Loop tracker as a performance tool.

In my researching this device I thought of another one. I call it the strip looper, what this device does is uses expired credit cards magnetic strips that are passed over the record and play head of a old recorder. So now you can have credit cards on hand and record a sound on the strip and move the strip over the play head to do a live performance which can be used with the LOOP TRACKER.

Mind you the above are all in concept phase... but theorically should work. I am hoping to have these ready for the loopers convention this october for a live performance.

Leo