EDP MIDI Clock reception

Title: EDP MIDI Clock reception

Hi everyone,
I'm a relatively new EDP user. I spent a lot of time last night trying to set up the EDP to receive MIDI clock signal frm a Korg drum machine. After following the directions to a tee (Synch = In, Midi out from drum machine ---> Midi In on EDP, drum machine generating clock) I still had no luck.

I read in the list archive that the EDP needs to be "in reset" while the external device sends the clock. Is this referring to the resting state of the EDP before you begin recording? Anyone have any other ideas why I haven't been able to succeed in doing this? (I tried multiple MIDI cables...to eliminate the obvious)

Thanks in advance....
also if there are any members of this list in the Burlington Vermont area that are interested in getting together for some sonic exploration or sharing a bill at a gig contact me off list.

-Alen