Re: zurrigo

Title:
hello everyone - I don't know if this is a common practice on the list, but anyway: thanx bernhard for your review of my zurich gig and the preview of my u. k. tour

I have actually been using the plex for quite a long time - if you happen to be interested in the "early solo stuff" (published on FMR CD64-V0799) featuring an acoustic (Lowden) Guitar and my "blonde" EDP, here's a couple of samples:

theme: http://www.mem.li/mp3/highahoy.mp3
improvisation: http://www.mem.li/mp3/rwanda.mp3

the "new solo stuff" can be downloaded at:
http://www.mem.li/e/ei/eii/zurrigo_demo_online_e.html

hope to see you in england:
http://www.mem.li/e/ei/news_e.html

yours

phil "zurrigo" zuercher

Bernhard Wagner wrote:
Last Saturday I had the pleasure to meet and hear zurrigo alias Philipp
Zürcher (http://www.mem.li/e/start_e.html) live in Zürich.
He invited me after I announced my gig on this list.

This was his last gig in Switzerland before he'll be going on tour in
England:
http://www.mem.li/e/ei/eii/zurrigo_ukposter.jpg
http://www.mem.li/e/ei/projects_e.html

He's been using the Echoplex since around 1997. Zurrigo has quite a jazzy
approach and works a lot with polyrhythm. He kept the (looping layperson)
audience fascinated through all three sets presenting an ascetic, no-frills,
lusty guitar sound and a very personal musical language.
He uses a yamaha semi hollowbody guitar, fender amp (Hot Rod Deluxe, I
believe), Oberheim EDP with Loop IV, dbx 1066 compressor.
I absolutely had to buy a minidisc after his gig and have been listening to
it several times in a row this morning. Hot stuff!

All England-based Loopers: Don't miss him!

Bernhard (back to listening zurrigo 12/44)

--
Unbenanntes Dokument

download zurrigo's free online demo .mp3 files

www.mem.li - mus.iq

altenbergstrasse 55

3013 bern - schweiz

fonfax 031 33 246 44