effects for drums (decent drum machine hardware)

Rick,

let me add my drummachine-processing recommendations for some not-so-pricey
solutions: A device most loopers have heard of which works wonders on drums
is the Lexicon Vortex. The combination of tricky polyrythmic delays, subtle
to super-weird modulation and the morphing feature work wonders on any
repeating rhythmic structure.

Another recommendation is to use drum machines with vocoders. The Quasimidi
Sirius (which contains both a powerful groovebox and a vocoder) got me to
this. Anything with vocoders will work here - from integrated solutions
(like the Sirius or the Nord Modular) to discrete setups (may I again
recommend the Zoom 1201 for the vocoder, Rick? Yes, the device I got for
something like €30 still sits in my setup next to FireworX and Eclipse...)

        Rainer

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de
The Straschill Family Group - www.straschill.de