Re: RC20 - EDP sync

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Grob" <matthias@grob.org>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 11:35 AM
Subject: RC20 - EDP sync

> I managed to sync them by pushing a wire from some flashing LED to a
> connector which was not used in the RC-20 and from there go to the
> BeatSync input of the EDP and set its Sync param to IN !
> didnt we document that somewhere?
> Tim Crowe was testemuny...
>
> you can actually do this trick with many units, since all the
> BeatSync input needs is some kind of a pulse.

I think this mod might help me quite a bit, especially if I can get it to
synch
only on the "beat 1" red LED flashes and not the "beat 2,3 &4" green LED
flashes. I pretty much always record the long loop over some integer
number of
repetitions of the red LED flashes.

When you did this, did the EDP respond to both red and green flashes or
just red
flashes? If it responds to both, it might be possible to get it to respond
only
to the red ones by putting a diode in series with it, right? If this is a
two
color LED whose color is determined by the direction of the current.

I have some loops that are in 3/4, 5/4 and 7/4, and for these, the red
LED's
line up with beat 1, but the green ones are in the wrong place. So I would
be
better off with red-only.

I wonder if you could "OR" two RC-20s' synch signals together by mixing
them
with a resistance mixer. If I did that then I could use prerecorded loops
from
either RC-20 and still get synch.

Very cool idea!

(Sound of soldering iron being powered up and RC-20 screaming "NOOO!")

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net/