Re: Looping rookie needs advice

> First, I'm a drumset player.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to go
> about doing this, especially when it comes to gear.

Hey Benjy-

I'm a loopy drummer and I have a lot of fun with it.   When I first wanted
to get into looping - it sounded like a great idea to me to loop my
drumset.
After I spent lotsa $$ and time getting all the gear for it, I realized
that
looping drum set is REALLY HARD!!!  Think about it - how often do you hear
two drum set drummers playing together?  How about three or more???
Everything just starts to get in each other's way.

I realized that I had to find a way to get each loop to have its own
character and sit together with any other loops or music that was playing
at
the same time.  For me, that meant maybe one or two drumset loops max at
any
one time, then possibly other loops of percussion or hand drums.  Maybe
you'll find a way to do something different, who knows!    Just thought I
would share something that took me a year to figure out myself...

Jon

ps. my advise: Start simple!  Get one looper and one microphone, and one
pair of headphones and go to town in your practice space.  You'll find
that
this goes a really long way towards evaluating what kind of loops you'll
want to do, and therefore what kind of equipment you may eventually want
acquire.