Re: Chords: played vs. built (was: mono ebow (was Eivind Aarset)

On Sep 29, 2004, at 0:26, Tim Nelson wrote:
> How many of you who play normally-multi-voiced
> instruments would say that this is true for you: when
> you're NOT looping, use of struck or closely
> arpeggiated chords is more common than when you're
> looping, in which case the chords are often built
> within the loop rather than played all at once?

Not necessarily. It used to be true for me, but since i got Loop4 into
my EDP I've also started to insert and cut very short slices of loops.
Sometimes, when doing that, it makes sense to play multi-voiced chords
to create dense harmony at one go.

Here's an example to illustrate what I mean:
http://www.looproom.com/audio/ocl/Journey.mp3
Starting with only monophonical playing into the EDP but at the end
playing chords to cut slices by "substitute-insert".

All the best

Per Boysen
---
http://www.boysen.se