Re: Keystroke to midi utility?

Michael Stauffer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I remember hearing (I think on this list) about a small utility program
>that will generate midi events from computer keyboard keystrokes.
>Something that sits in the background and intercepts designated
>keystrokes and, allows your main apps to be in foreground and accepting
>other keystrokes. I've looked in the archive and couldn't find anything.
>Does that sound familiar to anyone?

You may be remembering this, which translates MIDI events into keyboard
keystrokes:

      http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/

But you want to go the other direction.  There are lots of utilities
that convert keyboard
and mouse events into MIDI, but all of the ones I'm aware of require
input focus,
they can't run in the background.

Jeff