Defective blackface gibsons being sold?

Hi Gang,
There is a guy selling a blackface gibson EDP who
claims the ones being sold at musicians friend are
defective leftovers, and i want to know because i just
bought one!
here is what he claims:

Apparently, according to the music store in Boston I
bought it from, There was a problem with the first run
of the black faced ones. The store owner told me to
order one directly from gibson, not a place like
musicians friend, because the factory direct ones were
brand new, not left over from the first production.
That is all I know. I'm selling this unit because I
could use the money more than the looper right now.
Hope this helps and thanks for the email.

Please let me know!!
thanx
Luis

=====