Headrush got no headroom

I made this sad discovery just a couple of days ago. I'd been using the
'rush for a few years now, and thought that much of the distortion I was
experiencing was due to poor levels *prior* to the 'rush. Not so, I
discovered, as I set up my FX chain with better equipment recently.

So. Does anyone know if the Boss DD-20 has better headroom than the 'rush?
wanna know before I plop down the bucks for one, and put the 'rush up for
sale.
-Coyote